Have you ever been to a park in the winter? It is a must-do. About dinnertime, I found myself barking at my kids. Red Flag. Time to go outside, but it was dark and snowy. No matter! I bundled up the kids, put Norah in the sling and pulled Ivie and Caleb on the sled to the park. They cruised down the hill a few times, but then discovered the wonder of the park when covered in snow. Imagine how slippery the slide was when wearing snow pants! There was soft fluffy snow to land in when they came shooting out. I pushed them in the swings and watched them laugh as they jumped out into the fluff. The snow was beautiful--the kind that had such big flakes that you could see them individually.
We returned home and devoured Chex mix and hot chocolate. We were all invigorated, had fresh perspectives and happy attitudes. Snow--one of God's many gifts to mankind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I could not agree more!! Snow, like rain, in the right circumstances acts like a purifier or cleaning agent. I have had multiple spiritual experiences while peacefully strolling down a winter road or trail listening to the soft snow fall or watch the stillness of a celestial wonderland. There is a reason a loving Heavenly Father has created so many perfect things in this unperfected world.
Thanks Rin.
~Jesse
Post a Comment