Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Good News

After 22 months of life, Jane is FINALLY walking!
Her babyhood lasted a looong time. I'm happy she is a toddler now.
I'm also happy the knees of her existing pants will stay intact from now on.
She adopted a binky about the same time she started walking. Weird, but it keeps her from squealing. My ears have thanked me for letting her keep it. I know I'm crazy.
And this sweet little babe of mine finally allows me to rock her to sleep, which I do sometimes when I need to spend time in my favorite spot (the rocking chair). She is great at going to sleep on her own too, but I'm just glad that after so long of not being able to console her at night she lets me snuggle her. It is Heaven to hold a sleeping child.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh yeah. That is wonderful. She is so cute. It is always nice to move on to easier stages. Let her keep the binky. they are awesome.

Amy said...

I miss you my friend! your family is adorable. it's been fun to read about your latest happenings... I haven't checked this blog of yours for quite awhile! let's catch up sometime soon (would LOVE to see you!!!) love ya!!!