Thursday, April 30, 2009

1 Year



















Newborn Norah



















Happy Cake-Eating Norah


Norah is ONE year old.
I have put her to bed 365 times and she has yanked me out of sleep at least a million times.
But she has made me smile multiple times daily and has brought much joy to our home, so I forgive her.
Time flies. What a cliche', but how true. Where does time go?
I suppose it is spent, much like money. Never to be seen again. Spent fixing pancakes and casseroles, singing children to sleep, going on walks, wandering around Target, coloring with Ivie, nursing babies, driving to school, listening to grand ideas, watching our garden grow, learning about Jesus Christ, reading, laughing, dancing.
Aren't we blessed to have memories of our time well spent?
I'm thankful for birthdays that remind me of how far we've come and the splendid time we've had along the way.
I love you Norah.

7 comments:

The Mortensens said...

what a sweetheart she is. We love her! And the rest of her family too! :) I love Norah's big blue eyes, they are piercing!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

She's precious! What a cutie.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Norah! I had just a wonderful time meeting her. What a beautiful little treasure. :) I have been cherishing our visit as I have replayed over in my mind. What a wonderful friend you are. Thank you so much for taking the time to come visit.

Amy said...

happy birthday sweet girl!!!

so funny that we had our babies just 10 days apart. we really couldn't have planned that any better. now we just need to live in the same city again so we can get them together! ;)

and yes -- time flies -- too too too dang fast.

Andrea said...

Beautiful post. I love how you described time well spent.

JoAnna said...

Love it too! Norah is such a dang cutie!

Elise said...

Dying over that pic. Oh. I have to come over and squeeze her again!