Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No, you can't....

...grind up crayons with my can opener.
...throw your sucker stick behind the couch.
...launch that huge boulder off the deck.
...cut up styrofoam into minuscule pieces with my butcher knife and spread it all over the backyard.
...put a stick of gum on the griddle while I'm cooking pancakes.
...sit in the wagon and ride down the hill and into the street.
...walk through my house with mud-caked shoes.
...attack my brand new black bar stools with sand paper, just to see what happens.
...put chewed gum in your shirt pocket.
...spray perfume in your sisters face.
...wipe boogers on the wall next to your bed.

A certain child of mine did not ask permission to do all of the above; he just did them. His imagination and curiosity have no limits and I love him for it!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Boys add so much to families. Thank goodness we have them :)

Steph said...

Glad to know we aren't the only one with the wall next to the bed problem. :) And Zach has been trying to launch boulders too. Aren't boys great? I sure miss Caleb...

The Mortensens said...

Oh my goodness, what would the world be like without Caleb? We do love him, don't we?! I often feel like I have a miniature Caleb in my house.... especially when I hear "mom?! do you know what reversible change is?" That's when I respond "Have you been talking to Caleb?"

I loved this post....

Andrea said...

Hilarious. good for you for capturing it, and still saying you love him.

You are the best. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

WOW! He sounds like a mixture of all my five brothers put together. Pretty funny.... if you keep the right attitude. I sure love that kid!

gassins said...

I loved this post Lorinda! We sure miss you guys.

Jenn said...

I know it sounds funny but it makes me excited to have a little boy around. Though I have to say my little Sydnie is quite the curious little thing and has her fair share of experiments as well. I had bought her a 18 oz bottle of pink handsoap which she keeps in my bathroom by my tub so she can reach to wash her own hands. Anyway one day while her and her sister were taking a bath she decided to empty the entire contents of hand soap into the tub and turn on the jets! I was speechless when I came in. They were both standing up in tub and I couldn't even see them because there were so many bubbles EVERYWHERE! Luckily bubbles clean up quite nicely. Miss you and take care.

Unknown said...

Oh my, you and Caleb have been busy!!! They sure put a smile on our face don't they (sometimes after the fact)!!

Amy said...

I'm not sure it gets any better as they grow up--just a different list of no, you can't. Such as No, you can't light fireworks in the laundry room or experiment with hair spray and a lighter. No, you can't text your friends while doing homework. No, you can't stay home from church because you stayed up too late Saturday night.
No, you can't avoid a shower for the 1oth day in a row. UGHHHHHH!