Yep, at 2 am, I wander into the kitchen to make Jane a bottle only to find water pouring from the ceiling making huge puddles on my HARDWOOD floor. We all know that wood and water aren't particularly good friends, so I threw down some towels and put out some buckets to catch the rain before I ran to see what exactly was causing it. The toilet upstairs was the culprit...the kid's toilet. It became plugged, then the stupid thing continued to run spilling water onto the bathroom floor that leaked through causing the rain in my kitchen.
The hardwood is warped. I have to wear shoes or I stub my toes on all the edges popping up. But, we discovered today that when it dries out, it can be sanded down and will look fine AND the insurance will probably pay for it.
From now on, my children are allowed to use only a certain amount of TP. We will NOT have any more flooded toilets that cause rain in my kitchen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH NO! That just makes me so sad. I love your last few blogs. What a great mom you are.
Ick...
Wood is good that way- sanding down ane restaining - just like nothing ever happened. It's not always toilet paper plugging our drains, we've dug out plastic dinosaures, dolls, balls, paper towels...and on...and on....
Oh girl, been there done that, but the toilet flooded our whole house that we are renting. The joys of kids.
ohhhhhh... I am so sorry. Why does the TP come off the roll so easily? We have over-users in our house, too...
Post a Comment